Thursday, August 31, 2006

Windows Fedora Ubuntu

I was using XP with Fedora Core and my thirst of using free and open software never seemed to be satisfied. So wanted to install Ubuntu V6.06. I ordered a Free CD from www.ubuntu.com and now it has reached my place.

So here I go..Removed the FC partition just for the fun of doing it and installed Ubuntu. My boot loader had no problems..and here I continue..Installed FC 5 again in a separate partition and oops my FC5 GRUB failed to identify my Ubuntu reisefs file system.

Now what..wrote to several mailing lists and was asked to do many things. Anyway thanx to Ven. Mettavihari I was able to restore the FC5 GRUB from the ubuntu CD.

Ended up in CLI GRUB instead of the GUI FC GRUB. When I said I hate the CLI GRUB Ven. Mettavihari wants me too hack the CLI GRUB to make improvements and its all about freedom.

Now this is what I call real motivation!! :)

No comments: